Thread: I'm bored
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 02:52 PM   #27
clyde
Chief title editor

I agree with the "get something to wrench on" view. I wouldn't even look at driving it as a consideration becuase a wrenchable project is always there when you have time.

There's only so much driving enjoyment to be had anywhere near a metro environment. Simple things like running to the grocery store for a couple things becomes an exercise in frustration becuase of the Camry in front of you or getting stuck behind a bicycle on an otherwise fun twisty road (not hating on them, just it is what it is).

Tracks days, autocrosses, car shows, and other things are dictated by other schedules. When life happens and you have to skip, you it leaves negative feelings one way or another.

Something to wrench on is available at 1:00am when you can't fall asleep. It's there when you suddenly have an unexpected couple hours to fill.

The car as a, uh, vehicle to get somewhere is better as something that doesn't actually go anywhere.

Or maybe I'm just projecting, and my own issues are best left to another thread.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote