View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 02:29 PM   #8
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
Is that true?

I read people claiming it's not, because your credit card transaction is to PayPal, and they provided the service you requested... So they don't owe you anything.

I have no idea is that's actually true. Never tested it.
It was a long time ago, but I tried to dispute a paypal charge with my credit card and my credit card company at the time (Discover) refused my claim.

I bought something, 2007-ish. Paid through PayPal, using my Discover card. Guy shipped something that was not at all what it should have been. Contested with Paypal. Paypal told me to send it back to him. I did, provided proof of delivery, but FedEx driver failed to get the required signature, so PayPal said "guy says you never returned the stuff, and nobody signed for it, so we're not returning your money." Filed a claim with Discover. Discover denied my claim.

I ended up filing a claim with FedEx, because they failed to get the signature. They ended up refunding me my money. But PayPal and Discover both told me to pound sand.

Funny sidebar to this. I only rarely used the Discover card after that, but I kept the account open because I'd had that card since 1998. Last year I called them and decided to close it. They sent me through four layers of customer retention hell and kept escalating their monetary offers for me to keep the card. I ended up accepting a $200 statement credit (on a $0 statement ) to not close the account. I bought ~$200 of stuff using that card, then called them and cancelled it the next month. Good times.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote