View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #17
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M3 View Post
There's a nice looking Buick somewhere down south that Clyde was thinking about.
LOL! Aside from that...

We had a plan for my oldest daughter who is 16 and can get her license in September. She was going to help me get the 91 Miata running thinking that she would get the car if she did. We were actually going to give her the twice wrecked 2013 Outback my wife has been driving for 5 years and has put 110k+ miles on, while buying my wife a new car. But now, we're not sure.

Among other things, my daughter has not been as assertive as we'd like in putting in practice hours and that's making us a little less enthusiastic. She has put in some time towards getting the Miata running, but the one thing I knew it needed was far from all the things it turns out it needs. I don't want to put the money into that car, so, as far as I'm concerned she put in the effort there.

My wife is also waffling on whether she wants a new car. If she doesn't, I think I'll look for something safeish, cheap and reasonably reliable to share with my daughter. I have something in a self interest in acquiring something I can drive in winter weather and also serve as a second family car. The Outback would be perfect for this, but if my wife doesn't want a new car for herself,

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote