View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 12:45 PM   #5
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBB View Post
We're actually having a debate about what to do for teaching her how to drive. She can get her permit at the end of January

On one hand, it would be great for her to learn stick. The extra time it takes to learn how to time a clutch release along with getting experience with shifting and the difference between different gears and some engine breaking is a great thing for car control.

On the other hand, the likelihood she will ever drive a manual transmission car is close to zero. She'll probably won't even drive an ICE!

I've been toying with selling my Model 3 (which continues to increase in value due to the chip shortage...). I could replace it with a used Miata and a used Bolt and not put more cash into our car fleet... With GM recalling all the Bolts ever made, it would get a new battery "soon" and likely be good for years (assuming the battery design isn't the real issue...).
My oldest son is able to get his permit this December I told him if he could drive my turbo the first time without stalling he could drive it, too bad I sold it if he wants to drive the 6MT in my GTI he can but not going push him to do it.
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote