View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Discount Tire is based here in Phoenix -- its a private company, and the owners are big charitable donors out here.

We've used them since I was a kid -- they have a decent track record, although my last experience with them was not good, and I would have been really ticked off had I not checked their work. Here's what happened, back when I had my E39:

I had a tire fail on the E39 -- I knew I needed new tires on the rear, but was dalaying a purchase. One of the tires also had been slightly out of balance, and gave about a 1/2 inch portion of the tread near the inside gave away. So I put the spare on and took the car in later that day to Discount to have them replace both rear tires.

When I took it in, I mentioned that I needed one of the new tires to go on the spare in the trunk (since it was a bad tire) and then mount that wheel on the passenger side rear, and the other new tire put on the driver's side rear. The wheel that was on the passenger side rear was the spare, and it should go back in the trunk.

When they got done I checked the trunk -- and it still had the bad tire on it. So they had just replaced the tires on the rear wheels -- one of which was essentially a new tire since it was the spare. When I mentioned it, they apologized and fixed the issue...