View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
I went to move the MCS into the garage on a VERY cold night and got a "low tire" warning. The tires look fine. I thought the extreme cold had brought the pressur ebelow some treshold. The other day, at ~30F I moved the car again and it still said the same.

I had no idea the MCS had a TPMS. I assume it is a basic treshold alarm-style TPMS. What is this pressure. Do I really have a flat, or is the tire at 29psi, for example and it just doesn't like it?

Naturally, I've been sick and very busy and have not yet had it inspected (already past due as of yesterday). I'm 100% this low tire thing will fail me.

Thanks.

It has TPMS; sorry if I forgot to mention that. It's a threshold system but it uses RF transmitters. Transition to colder temps will sometimes trigger it, both on the Mini and the BMW (which uses the same system). Check the pressures, inflate all to spec, and reset the TPMS (the instructions are in the manual, but it involves fiddling with the OBC button on the left turn signal stalk) and it should be fine.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote