View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 03:40 PM   #170
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Woof. White cars in the winter. I used to have one. Glad the 340 is proving satisfactory, if not completely exhilarating--but that's what the Boxster is for.
Would have preferred blue, would have liked a couple more options packages (adaptive LED's and maybe the tech/nav package) but used purchasing, beggars & choosers. I did get a few things lined up
* good condition
* 6-speed & xdrive
* Interior color complements exterior
* Track handling package (this is essential). I found myself in comfort mode in most frost heaved New England roads. But even comfort with this suspension is not overly floaty in daily terms. Sport is too jiggly on winter roads. Even with 18" wheels non-runflats. I feel my head bouncing off the headrest.

The boxster may be vaguely similar in power, though it feels faster/quicker to respond, it's quite a different driving experience that is not outshined by the 340i, nor should it be.

But I think I'm getting closer to the point of selling my 535i. Thinking about BaT, the car has imperfections, but those can all be photographed. It's not an old enough car to get decent value there, but hoping "last of the large manual RWD sedans" gets some interest.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote