View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 01:09 PM   #1122
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBB View Post
Waze on CarPlay works for my needs
http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showpo...60&postcount=9

Waze on the phone is better than through CarPlay. Much. If Waze through CarPlay works for you, enjoy it.

If Waze had an "ignore CarPlay" switch that allowed Waze to work as it did before CarPlay capability, all would be right with the world. Instead, if your phone is plugged into a Car with CarPlay enabled, it forces you to use CarPlay and that is a completely unusable scenario for me. So I have to set my car to disable CarPlay and lose all the rest of CarPlay's functionality. That sucks, but it's less bad than Waze through CarPaly.

Quote:
The default keyless behavior works well. Having buttons on the back door and not just the front door makes it easy to unlock only the drivers or all doors by deciding which button to push. I hadn’t seen the buttons on the back doors before...
Without rear doors, dunno

I think I preferred the Ford Focus ST's version without buttons. There was a capacitive pad to touch to lock and you simply opened the door to unlock.

OTOH, the FoST got kind of wonky when washing the car and the doors would lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock forever.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote