View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 09:53 AM   #14
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
Yeah, I definitely don't want the high performance tires on there. I'll be driving it and never know when I'll get surprised with some snow
Somehow I spaced and thought you were shopping snows. I have Michelin A/S 3+ on my 2 series and love them--all year round. I even prefer them in summer to the previous PSS the car came with. I swapped them out because one had a slow leak and I wanted year-round competence for the car without having to have an extra set of rims and do the swap twice a year.

They were a little sketchy when we had a rogue snow last year, but that was with RWD and a very sharp turn uphill with acceleration. I can't remember whether I was in first gear or second trying to make the corner from a standstill (there's a stop sign there), but the car started to fishtail. Backed up and went a different way...This is a turn that can feel funky even in wet conditions.

Edit: I don't see them in your size. Can you go slightly narrower, wider, or taller? https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...Speed+Rated%29
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote