Thread: Fuck Tesla
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 12:55 PM   #145
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
All else being equal, a vehicle that has been jacked up two inches is going to be less capable that a vehicle which hasn't.

And as ashamed as I am to admit it, the exterior of the Model 3 has kind of grown on me. It's even relatively engaging to drive. I'd like to try one of the RWD models.

Maybe the answer is to wait for the EV iteration of the Cayman/Boxster.
Was curious so I did a quick google search of ground clearance. INterestingly, the Model 3 has a gc of 5.5 inches while the Mach E is 5.7. I think the EV crossover thing is more about preserving legroom/headroom given that the batteries occupy height in the floor. So, it's not all that different. Hopefully Audi will come out with an EV version of their A5 Sportback that's based on VW's upcoming BEV platform (that will also form the basis of the EV Macan, etc). An Audi styled EV sedan with a hatch priced like the current A5/S5 would be great. I'm probably dreaming though.

For some reason I'm kind of ambivalent about EV sports cars. Yeah, I think I'd prefer an EV to a 4 cyl turbo any day, but I hope they keep models like the Boxster GTS around
robg is offline   Reply With Quote