View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 10:18 AM   #5
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
Considering the volume of test drives out of that garage (ours started at that spot), I imagine there is a need to juice up the demos. I would expect every store that has test drives to have a small scale Supercharger station. I wonder what their policy is for use by vehicles other than their own demo cars.
Actually, it's not terribly common at this point to have Superchargers at stores/service centers. There are a few (Syosset and Chicago spring to mind), but my understanding is that the electrical load from the Superchargers means that they are an order of magnitude more difficult to install than the normal 80A high powered wall charger.

The Bethesda Supercharger isn't officially live yet. Should happen today or tomorrow. I assume when it goes live it'll appear on the nav system in the car like all the other Superchargers and access will be public, though I don't know for sure.

The policy on charging customer cars at most stores is that they will accommodate you if you call in advance and set up an appointment. Some have stopped doing this, because they need the slots for the demo cars, though even the ones that have stopped will still offer emergency charging.

There's a big Tesla owner's club rally in DC on President's Day weekend, FWIW. Should be 50+ cars, maybe more.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote