Thread: Jeep Unlimited
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 01:03 PM   #37
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M3 View Post
Do you really think that there is a safer option than one in which the identity of the driver is verified, and the location is continuously tracked? Notwithstanding a number of bad apples, the fact is that Lyft and uber and equivalent are very safe.
The safer option is you drive yourself in your own car ... I have a friend (ex friend now) who is currently an uber driver, not only was he sent to Jail because he was stalking his ex girlfriend, he also told a mutual friend that he goes to strip clubs when they close so when the dancers need an uber he can pick them up ... this same guy was fined by NY City almost $1 million for scamming people stating he could get them acting work if you just allowed him to take pictures and set you up a portfolio.

BTW I do use Uber so I'm not against it at all, I am just trying to come up with a solution to one of my concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M3 View Post

I would be a lot more concerned about my kid driving drunk at college than I would about her getting assaulted by a driver.
Of course that is a huge concern and it is just one of many that as a parent you sit home and worry about. I hope I've taught my kids well enough that they won't ever put themselves in that position.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote