View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 11:36 AM   #10
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
I'm very lucky with my previous owner and build. The car has a $91.5k MSRP (which would total $97k or so if you built it now).

It has GT Silver, full natural leather, PTV, 20" wheels, PASM, vent/heated seats, PDLS, S/C, 18-way seats, bose, PCM and some other stuff.

I would order with my own money:

1. PASM - a very comfortable suspension. The fixed sports suspension is slightly more fun, but this is better for everyday roads. Either suspension is noticeably better than base, IMHO.

2. 14 or 18-way seats are the only two that come with lumbar. My aging back needs (or thinks it needs lumbar sports). The 18's and the manual sports seats are highly bolstered. My personal most comfortable seat was the 14-ways but the 18's are great too, especially for those of us who are not too broad/wide. At 41" chest, my shoulders barely fit.

3. PDLS. The upped headlight power is nice to have.

4. PTV. LSD what more should I say? Car rotates on power, almost too much so with worn rears. If not a hooligan, you may not need to order this. I found the brake side of it a bit annoying on the GT4, haven't really noticed it on the 981S.

5. Heated seats (extends driving season)

6. Auto-dimming. Car is low and I'm light-sensitive, I'm still dazzled from the front but the this really helps on the rear.

Nice to have:
  • Vented seats (for those hot days)
  • Full leather - imparts a special feeling to the interior.
  • Auto-wipers
  • Deletion of model. It's simpler in the back when it says P O R S C H E instead of long model name.
  • Front full clear bra.
  • Bose. I don't like it much but guessing base system is worse?
  • Electric folding mirrors

I'm split on:
  • PSE. Car definitely has plenty of sound (more than 987.2S) without and the tone is better with it off.
  • S/C. Good for hooning. I also like the firmer steering on Sport, I'm not sure if S/C gets you Sport & Sport+ or only Sport. I almost never use Sport+
  • Electric folding mirrors
Wish I had:

Rear park distance or some kind of camera (I probably wouldn't order it as car is short, but at 91k? come on)

So fundamentally for me, it's PASM, heated seats with lumbar, dimming and PTV (if you're aggressive). It's a bit of a luxo spec, but quite common without PTV. With PTV, I'd say it's rear. Porsche website has a very detailed option-by-option used search feature.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote