View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 04:26 PM   #1130
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
After 4.5 months, it looks like I'm finally getting my car back sometime next week.

I called the body shop to get an update yesterday and the rear subframe had finally come in and it was being installed along with the suspension. Its supposed to go in for an alignment on Monday, then it just needs to be cleaned. They said either Tues or Wed for it to be done.

And I'm going in circles with insurance -- my insurance advised that I submit directly to the other party's insurance. So I sent in rental car bills for Nov to mid Jan last week, and they came back and said they couldn't pay based on my submission and I need to work with my insurance. Fun. Next comes the diminished value claim, and I will attempt to go for loss of use since I really haven't had a comparable rental car (and had about 4 weeks with no rental -- just shared a car with my wife).

I also swapped out rental cars again -- Hertz upgraded me to an Infiniti Q50 this time. Quite an upgrade after having an Impala for the last 3 weeks...