Old 12-14-2019, 08:57 AM   #59
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Wow .. is this a NY only thing ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
That was my question some posts ago. I think it's heavily used in NY/Long Island and probably in NJ... Never heard of it anywhere else. Since I'm not really "connected" here, I've heard only a couple of PBA stories and they are all similar. A long time ago I dated a girl who would always take the wheel after a night out with zero fear (her family had a lot of cops was the explanation).

But here I am in the cesspool of NY/NJ. Every mayor and council has lined their pockets if the economy allowed it, every single one. Where cops, firemen and other public servants act like kings and bankrupt the local budgets. Where cops have a semi-official system of favors for a whole 2-degree of separation network of people...

A friend of mine had one in NJ. When we were seniors in high school, my friend, another friend and I decided to make a spring break road trip to Florida. We pulled over on 95 in Georgia on our way down. The sheriff who pulled us over took the card, ripped it up, and told us "them cards don't do nothing down here" We got two tickets, and about an hour added to our trip time.

This was 1975, travelling through the south was different back then. My next door neighbor spent most of his working life as a trouper here in SC. He carries a card in his wallet identifying his career, works like a PBA card but he says it is NOT revoke-able. (he keeps it next to his concealed carry permit)