View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 12:37 PM   #17
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Is that carbon black? That’s my favorite color for the x5. As for the msport front bumper looking better on the LCI I’m skeptical - the x3 msport has this weird “smile” shape now…and I think the base one looks better.

And yeah the base cayenne just isn’t special enough for the price. If i wanted to spend 100k on an suv it would have to be the new Range Rover sport. As for the macan I probably need to drive a higher power version to “get it” since every single car reviewer gushes over it. I will say that Porsches hold their values better so the higher purchase price is somewhat mitigated. I’ve been kind of fantasizing about doing a porsche european delivery - hmm.

The x5 does seem like the best overall value in the premium SUV segment - but I’d want to keep it closer to 70k for a 40i version.

I think it’s worth seeing if you can get a nice discount on the current version - idrive 8 is kind of a step back in usability and I’m pretty sure the LCI msport is going to look worse. A little added power is nice but between likely price increases and less chance of discounts I think the price delta could be around 10k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, that is carbon black. The only color I can force myself to live with on a pre-LCI.

My current X5 has under 10k miles and the BMW platinum extended warranty does not expire until May 2024. I am not doing anything until 3-4 months before then. I absolutely refuse to own any new BMW out of warranty. I do not care for the G05 pre-LCI so it is not an option, regardless of a nice discount and furthermore a discount would be unattainable on a priority 1 build. I will not buy off the lot.

The new Macan is coming. The current one is a little long in the tooth. Plus the new one will be EV only. My friend that is a Porsche tech was just recently informed it has been delayed for a year.

I would consider a X3 M40i, but the G45 replacement is coming for model year 2025 and given that I keep my new vehicles for seven years I would regret purchasing a G01.

Last edited by SCA; 02-05-2023 at 12:58 PM.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote