View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 08:19 AM   #33
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M3 View Post
I’m very, very, very puzzled by your experience with PNS. Absolutely none of what you describe is anything like any experience that I’ve ever had. Wipe on, wipe off. I typically do the whole car with one towel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M3 View Post
How are you applying PNS? The lazy way is just spray on the car and spread around/buff off. that’s what I do.
I tried both spraying directly onto the car and using an applicator pad. They were equally as bad on the application step. Wiping off was also equally bad except spraying on the car led to overspray and excess time wiping it off, so I did most of the car with an applicator.

The process was basically identical as Fast Finish, but at 10 times the amount of work at 90 minutes vs 9ish minutes.

At first, I thought I might be using too much product, so tried a fresh pad and used only the tiniest amount and the results were no different.

The tackiness was really annoying, too, as it interfered so much with both wiping on and wiping off. I did some searching in some FB detailing groups I'm in and found more than a few people complaining about it...and a bunch of other people saying they don't know what those people are talking about. Makes me wonder if there could be some consistency or storage issues?

I found and reread the thread where you used FF just now. I can't comment on how either product works with single stage paint. Your 4-6 month photo of beading on the E30's roof is certainly compelling.

I still haven't seen the car in the sun, but I was not disappointed by how it looked with some reflected ambient cloudy light when I had the garage door opened this morning to take out the trash.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote