View Single Post
Old 03-25-2022, 09:14 AM   #434
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Well, I still want an engine-swapped RX-8 as a daily driver. Driving this automatic car only reinforced to me what a good car they are. Very solid structure, compliant suspension that also handles well (i.e. what BMW used to be), good visibility and a playful personality.

I found a nice white 6-speed non-sunroof car (almost a twin to my race car, but it has the factory ground effects kit, which I kinda hate) in NJ that I might go look at this weekend. And by look at, I mean bring 5 grand in cash and my trailer . The best part about this one is it's a non-smoking car. The gray one had been smoked in at least once. Very faint smell, but even just a hint of that smell is enough to make me feel gross driving it.

The plan would be to do an engine swap on it. Easy button is of course another Duratec 2.5 swap, was thinking maybe a high-revving NA motor might be fun this go-around. I've also thought an S54 swap might be fun, though those engines are so heavy I think it would very negatively affect the dynamics. Honda K-series swaps are also getting to be popular, but I don't really know those engines very well so there'd be a learning curve.

John
John V is offline   Reply With Quote