View Single Post
Old 06-27-2023, 03:11 PM   #37
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LOU5 View Post
Doing great, thanks. Just haven't been around as much.

If I *did* offend you in any way, please forgive me. You can certainly spend your money however way you want. Hell, if I was pulling in the kind of money you are, I'd probably purchase a bunch of high-end cars as well, LOL.

But, unlike you, I'd probably only have one Porsche. Included in my fantasy stable would be something from Italy. American muscle like a 'Vette or Shelby GT500 (I'd even settle for the old school Shelby 427 Cobra) would be represented as well.

I just think I'd get bored with one make, and would like to experience different driving pleasures depending on my mood.

Maybe that's why I have such varied cars ....
No offense taken, brother. Just letting you know I’m one of us guys. Not one of those social media hype beasts.

I know what you mean. I was looking at your signature and it’s probably good to expand horizons. I did do this for the past 30+ years. I’ve had probably close to 50 different vehicles and Porsche is not without warts but it’s about as satisfied as I have ever been.

Stuff pisses me off about their designs and the cost of things. But for a modern car, it’s as close as I have come to engaging driver.

I am often leery of the more bespoke car marques because it’s not like suits where imperfections are good. Mistakes on these boutique cars seems expensive and frustrating especially when you consider waiting on parts, which seems to dominate the McLaren experience.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote