View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 11:21 AM   #32
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
That said, it does sound like Alan was singled out for having the expensive-looking fast car. The officer was not applying the law fairly...
I can't disagree with that. My last ticket, all those years ago, was clearly biased due to my new, red, sporty-looking BMW. I was going only a couple of mph faster than a huge semi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Using the card to evade a ticket or whatever strikes me as similar to using someone else's handicap placard (although one is legal and sanctioned and the other illegal, they seem equivalent in effect to me).
Related rant: As someone who had a legitimate handicap tag for a few months following an awful ankle injury, it is enraging to find no handicapped spots because they are all taken by seemingly able-bodied people. I had surgery a week ago to have the hardware removed and didn't want apply and get a tag for about a week of use. Not having one I parked in a regular spot and went to get lunch with my crutches as I walk past two people getting out of handicapped spots while having no issues.

It is so abused, it is ridiculous. I know several people who acknowledge not having any issues, but happened to know a Dr. who got them one. It really bothers me.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote