View Single Post
Old 08-18-2023, 09:58 AM   #9
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Yep. Most automotive reviews (including this one) spend about 3/4 of the review regurgitating the spec sheet. Interesting note about the suspension though; first time I've read of Carrera T having an overly firm suspension- but makes sense given that he tested in New England (with some of the worst roads in the nation).
I read the review.

Different elements came out to me. I think we can often be jaded or so calibrated to what the car is, it’s refreshing to have a subjective opinion from someone somewhat less in tune with what the Porsche 911 is in current state.

The writer was trying to convey that the car is well executed. Cohesive. Driver inputs seem to be consistent and show signs of engineers that obsessed about their design outputs.

To be honest, how many cars can you say that about? We continue to hear about ‘less’ steering feel in the new M2. And the continued legacy of rubbery shifting. Mercedes tends to be a hot mess in their AMG division right now for steering feel (none), brakes (touchy) and automatics (suck pondwater). No one really talks about Audi’s. Which says a lot through silence.

If I had a critique, it would be that this writer didn’t bring in sufficient context to point out the areas where the 992 could be “good” versus “awesome”. That is usually found in other reviews and is missing here.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote