View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 12:05 PM   #164
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
Test drove a couple of cars yesterday

Tesla Model 3 rwd long range battery:

Interior:
-A lot of room for the size. My wife and two boys seem to fit in the rear seat with plenty of room.
-Trunk was deep and large but had a small opening. Seats fold down which is great. Frunk is small but better then nothing.
-I was ok without the central speedo and looking at the center mounted scree instead. Good visibility out the front.

Driving wise:
-Very impressive for a "new" car company.
-Steering felt very good of a new car.
-I like the brake regen, got use to it quickly.
-handling was fine but did not throw that hard into the corners but was scaring the tesla copilot she kept saying I need the performance model.
-Acceleration felt good, nice and torquey and smooth for around town driving. When I actually did put the pedal to the floor there was not much there. Basically felt diesel like where the torque made if feel initially quick but ran out of the breath,

Overall:
Very cool car that would be great of majority of people. For me all the tech turns me off even though driving wise I liked it.

Porsche Macan S(used)
-PDK is amazing
-Handled well, more sporty hatchback then suv which I liked. Again did not drive it much in the corners.
-Steering was ok at times but too light at others. Basically killed if for me.

Overall:
Nice but not 50k nice enough.

##################

Wife is getting frustrated with me. Wants me to keep the turbo and get something else. I might just get a camry and keep the turbo for now.
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote