View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 03:15 PM   #563
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
I'm already seeing good E36 M3s sell for (not list for, but sell for) higher than they did a few years ago. Even cars that are not low-mileage garage queens. I have to think the E46 M3 will do the same because it's more of a "real M car" than the E36 was.

I've mentioned this before but 3rd gen RX-7s are starting to go crazy. What about the 300ZX Twin Turbo? I always wanted one. C4 Corvette ZR-1 seems obvious.
Maybe add Supra to that list except that the Supras never really bottomed out?

The 87 Mustang GT at the beginning of this thread went for close to it's original MSRP. I wonder where the 4th gen F-bodies are.

Part of it for me, I think (maybe not, I don't know), is if I were driving down a suburban street and saw someone washing or working on a car, or something parked on the street in a trendy part of town...am I going to think, "Oooh...that's nice." It's clear what some of those kinds of cars are. There are others I can't imagine thinking that about.

I don't think there are many cars made outside of the 1960s that will ever do that for me. Plenty of cars outside that time period that I find highly desirable, but as their prices go up, my interest tends to go down.

JST and others have mentioned several times tracking what new cars 40-50 year old men lusted after as high schoolers.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote