Thread: Fire Sale...
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 02:50 PM   #98
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
So the test drive of the 4runner was mid-week. Yesterday I did venture out to give the Jeep GC another shot, or even look at a Wrangler with a manual. Awful day to ask for a drive as it is the busiest car shopping day of the year in NJ. A ton of customers looking for that deal and every salesmen/women running around inking paperwork.

Only able to sit, the JGC seemed much nicer inside than the 4runner but with less space, especially cargo space. The wrangler is not going to work for us. C. did not get comfortable with 'call of duty' and what not badging and lifts all around. Back seat is not comfortable in the Unlimited and the cargo is even worse than the GC. Coupled with the locked 4wd vs. AWD of the JGC, it felt like a no-brainer for us to skip it, even if it comes with a manual.

So kinda back to square one. Neither is a vehicle I can get excited about, but 4runner and JGC are still sort of in the running. I haven't figured out how much spec I want in the JGC. The trims with the top AWD system are expensive. I don't need a leather dash in my SUV but I would like the best traction there is, so some searching/learning and hopefully driving to do.

A dark horse, third candidate are the Cayenne/Touareg TDI twins. They are being released for sale. There are no Touaregs below 45k miles in my 100 mile radius. Cayennes are expensive.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote