View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 05:15 PM   #339
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
There’s a new one at or on the way to a VA dealer (that’s been at a dealer in New Hampshire since March)and I’ve been trying to talk to them, but they flat out refuse to talk to me without me making the 100 mile round trip to visit in person.

Fuck that and fuck them. OTOH, they have four more cars inbound and I’d rather buy one of them than the one from NH. So, we’ll see.
One of those cars that was inbound arrived yesterday (or thursday?) I submitted an inquiry today. They still don’t seem to want to talk to anyone that isn’t physically inside their store.

So, I sent an email to the dealership group GM. Message was essentially, “I’m trying to buy a car that you have. Your team won’t talk to me. I still want to buy it. Can you please help?”

I figure the Bree most likely outcomes of that are spiking the possibility of any deal on any car at their stores, actually getting someone to talk to me (with unknown impact on potential pricing), or absolutely nothing.

There are only a handful of available cars that meet my minimum requirements within 500 miles right now. There are incoming 21s, but not many.

A nearly identical used 2019 with about 3k miles originally sold in April 2019 is available in Kentucky. The asking price at that dealer is the same as the website ask price for the new one.

I’m not in a good car mood.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote