View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 10:35 AM   #11
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll play around with settings more tomorrow at the test day.

The car is mostly good everywhere except mid-corner to corner exit when I get the oversteer. It is very good on corner entry. In transitions, the car is good and easily manageable but not particularly stable, but I thought it was slightly better the season I had a little wider tires (235 vs. 225).

I hate to say this and it could be ignorance, but I really cannot tell a ton of difference in the OTS Konis when I do 1/2 turn increments. Most people run a little less up front (1.5 turns from soft vs. my 1.75) and a little more in the back (1 turn from soft vs. my 0.5). I've tried that and did not notice a difference, but I'm not convinced the OTS Konis make a huge difference vs. stock shocks on this car which is why I still am hoping to save enough for MCS.

I am running the smallest aftermarket front bar (19mm) on the soft setting, so I'll try the hard setting this weekend for a few runs. The TRD bar I want is 20.6mm and Sam's is 22mm hollow, but most people opt for the Whiteline 20mm on hard setting. The TRD rear bar is 17.5mm vs. OEM 14mm, but I'm not looking to change that until I can afford the MCS and really do some testing/tinkering.

For the less rear toe-in, just so I'm not screwing up the positives/negatives, do you mean go closer to 0 toe from the 0.17 on each side?

Another note is that the only time I ran data with Craig, I was always way faster on corner entry, he was faster on corner exit, but we still would run the exact same times (within 0.1). It could just be my driving style?
Adjusting by feel is all kinds of error prone. It will get you to what feels fast and comfortable, but that's not necessarily fast. The looser the RX-8 was, the faster it was. But I was faster in it when it was a little tighter than it should have been. That wasn't good for JV.

Data. Even video of runs compared frame by frame can help if you have notes about what was different about settings and driving.

Be careful when looking at bar specs. Rate matters more than thickness or outer diameter. A "smaller" hollow bar with a greater wall thickness may have a higher rate than a bigger bar. It's not always easy to get that info.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote