View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 07:56 AM   #3
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Can’t speak to the Tesla CPO experience since I’ve only ever bought new... I would suggest seeing what is avail locally to you and asking to look at the cars before putting the deposit down. Hopefully you will find one in good shape.

But I can speak about the Model S ownership experience. It’s a great car, but huge. Facelifted S have a center console, and most 2016s are facelifted (came out in April builds, and Tesla uses the calendar year for model years). Plenty of storage even without the center console - just not at the driver seat. I kept a small box on the floor to keep things that otherwise would go in a console (pens, tire gauge, etc). As for no shade screen on the roof, that was never a problem (and I lived in AZ most of the time I had the car) - the roof glass is shielded and tinted so there is no heat or glare problem. Tesla does sell some accessory screens that pop in if it is a problem, but I’ve never seen one at Tesla gatherings...

Bluetooth integration works well - I essentially always used my phone to listen to podcasts. The media player and steaming via Slacker and TuneIn also works well. I do wish Tesla would build in CarPlay and Android Auto to give owners a better phone intgration experience though...

I say get one.