View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 01:07 PM   #58
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
"Peaky" isn't quite the right word. The powerband is actually pretty broad, since the engine redlines in the stratosphere. It's more "frenetic." To use the power you have to rev it. A lot. And unlike the RX-8, which also has to be revved to hell and gone, the S2000 does not let you forget that you are revving it. It makes that very, very clear.

Like AF says, it's loud. Whether you like the character of the noise is really the deciding factor between whether you find the car endearing or whether you find it unendurable.

It's too bad, because I quite like the rest of the package. It's one of the better looking cars built in the past 20 years, imo, and the shifter and the handling are very precise.

Honestly, what it needs? An LS swap.

EDIT: I am not the first to think of this:

http://www.importmuscle.com/
It’s because you have to “VTEC dat shit, yo!” to get it to move. And when it rolls over on VTEC, it’s almost sorta like turbo boost finally coming on way back when. But not really. Not sure how to describe it in other terms that are relatable.

The S2K is also very tight and spartan inside compared to all Miatas. The Miata is much more livable car for people that don’t want to pretend they’re F1 drivers while sitting at traffic lights, navigating mall parking garages, etc.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote