View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 05:17 PM   #1
robg
Carmudgeon

Range Rover sport?

Figured I'd bring this up since there's been a fair amount of Land Rover related discussion recently.

Since my 528 lease ended, I've been driving a 2008 x3. After years of hating on CUVs, I'm embarrassed to admit that I actually like it. It's comfortable, quick, solid, practical and handles reasonably well.

With close to 100k miles, we'd rather not keep this for more than another year. I don't want to get stuck having to pay for an expensive repair or scrambling to find a new car.

If I had my way, I'd get some form of v8 Dodge Charger. (A 991S would also be nice). My wife hates that idea.

But...a friend might be able to get me a great deal on a new RRS (v6 version). I've never even considered one (or any Land Rover) in the past. I casually mentioned it, and my wife got very excited. I don't think I've ever seen her get that excited about a vehicle .

So...it looks like it could happen. I'm intrigued (they look great with nice interiors) but am a bit weary too (large heavy, questionable reliability, etc). If the v8 were a possibility I'd jump all over it because it sounds awesome.

I've noticed that it gets surprisingly good reviews even from car oriented publications- not for its performance or features but just a certain "je ne sais quoi".

Personally, I think I'd prefer an F-pace but it would end up being about the same cost to lease, The interior isn't that great and my wife is just "meh" about it.

Anyone driven a v6 powered one? Any thoughts? I haven't bothered to test drive one yet. Even with a great deal, it's still a bit more than I'd normally spend - but less than many premium German cars/suvs.

If it falls through for some reason, I'll probably just look for the best lease deal I can find on a mutually acceptable vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robg is offline   Reply With Quote