View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #12
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
That's great and you have been enjoying yours already!!

BTW who is the current BMW release editor.

I think they screwed up the last part referring to the xDrive M240i performance specs

BMW M240i: BMW M Performance TwinPower Turbo technology.

The BMW M240i is powered by a 3.0-liter 6-cylinder inline engine complete with direct injection, M Performance TwinPower Turbo technology with twin-scroll turbocharging, fully variable valve lift (VALVETRONIC) and Double-VANOS variable camshaft timing. This unit generates output of 335 hp and maximum torque of 369 lb-ft, which can be summoned from as low as 1,520 rpm and remains on tap up to 4,500 rpm.

It all adds up to make the BMW M240i Coupe a thoroughbred athlete with exceptional performance capabilities: with the 6-speed manual transmission, the coupe sprints from 0 to 60 mph in 4.6 seconds, while top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph.

The standard 8-speed Steptronic Sport transmission heightens the dynamic driving experience, enabling the BMW M240i Coupe to reach the 60 mph mark from rest in just 4.4 seconds.

Performance is even more eye-catching in the BMW M240i xDrive Coupe thanks to its intelligent all-wheel drive. Equipped with the 8-speed Steptronic Sport transmission as standard, it surges from 0 to 60 mph in just 4.2 seconds, while the xDrive model completes the sprint in 4.4 seconds.