View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 05:42 PM   #45
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
63k for a ~3 year old Macan seems steep. It’s probably worth that amount, I just can’t bring myself to spend that much for that. In that segment, the lease deals are still pretty strong on the X3. Here is a sample X3 M40 deal from one of the leasehakr brokers:

https://leasehackr.com/calculator?ma...Tax_radio=true

Not sure how you’d acquire hypothetical Macan (cash or finance) but the idea of a 500-600 lease payment on new X3 seems more attractive to me vs. finance cost or equivalent cash outlay for Macan.
I'm actually not inclined to lease, because I may buy a house next spring--I need debt to be low because my income is not fabulous and I want the option of a mortgage at a good rate. I might finance, because I could easily pay it off if /when I need to. Lenders only care about income and debt, not assets.

...My knucklehead son just took off from my house on my bike and rode the 7 miles to my ex's on very busy/dangerous roads. Very much against the rules. It was fun to go yank him back in the convertible. Had to leave the bike at my ex's. She is not there, but at the office. His excuse? "I wanted a soda and you didn't have any." He is so grounded for life. Good times in COVID lockdown with a rambunctious, bored teen--and all summer activities cancelled.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote