Thread: VW's...
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 04:06 PM   #179
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Hmm. Looks like I can rent a Macan here in Atlanta...

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/12/lux...ent/index.html

"Porsche is making it easier for people to get behind the wheel of its cars and SUVs without having to make any serious commitments.
The German automaker, famous for its sports cars, is starting two separate pilot programs in the United States that will enable people to rent Porsches.

One, run by Porsche Cars North America, will operate only in the Atlanta area, home to Porsche's North American headquarters. Called Porsche Drive, it launched this week and will offer hourly to weekly rentals of brand-new Porsche cars and SUVs.

Fully insured cars will be delivered to customers with a full tank of gas. Prices range from $269 for four hours — the minimum rental allowed — in a Porsche Macan compact SUV or 718 Boxster sports car. A week with a Porsche 911 will cost $2,909.

The other pilot program, available in San Francisco and Los Angeles starting October 8, is operated with the peer-to-peer car rental company Turo. Dozens of customer-owned Porsche cars and SUVs are already available for rent on Turo in those markets. Turo will select the best-rated owners, or "hosts," and those owners will receive special training on their cars and in customer service at Porsche's Experience Center in Los Angeles."
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote