View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 09:40 PM   #26
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
My observation over the past two years as a 911 owner, the vast majority of individuals that purchase a 911 or 718 are enthusiast. It is a totally different culture than what is now at BMW.

Edit: If BMW has proven anything recently, newer is not necessarily better. Porsche is headed in the same direction per my friend that is a factory technician.
Well, I do think that sells the BMW folks a bit short. Anything above a leased FWD 2 series or 330i, I think people are pretty deliberate about choosing BMW for its rigor as a car. They are enthusiasts in their own realm. Otherwise, there are plenty of other choices out there that are cheaper, commodity, luxe choices. They may not have reached the pinnacle of enthusiast cars, but they are on the road to get there, within their economic and practical parameters.

And, you know, I had a 718, but I preferred my 2. In my heart of hearts, I am not a roadster person. Meh, I am just really happy with my odd 4 GC. Every time I drive it, it’s fun, sporty, practical. Just great for my needs. Nothing I have driven by Porsche (Macan, Panamera, Cayenne, Boxster) has pleased me more.

But, maybe I should not drive a 911…
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote