View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 04:36 PM   #30
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
Test Drive #2 - Tesla Model 3 RWD

I drove one awhile back when I was getting my GTI so this was more a refresher. This time the tech did not scare me as much, either more use to it or more comfortable since it has been vetted for a while.

Notes:
-Acceleration was pretty good but not mind blowing, maybe that requires the performance version? I will still end up driving it like a dick
-Standard(?) seats sucked, I was falling all over the place. I guess they were comfortable at least.
-I am liking the clean interior nowadays, all digital interface was not terrible and I could use to.
-Like Josh said, ton of value with the base model for the money. All the tech of the Acura plus more.
-Hate to admit but the fart for turn signal gave us a pretty good laugh

Pros-wise my wife definitely liked it for her commuting car to work. I like the reduced maintenance/cost and in theory less guilt of driving it around.

Cons wise it seems like every other car is a Telsa in my area(and most driven terribly) so I would have to get over that. Also first time not have a manual car since my first car. Guess in the not far future, my soon to be driving son could use the 4runnner and I could get something else.
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote