View Single Post
Old 05-05-2023, 11:17 PM   #71
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
I have driven various Macans and was not impressed. The one Cayenne I drove (years ago), I was much more impressed.

All this may change with the EV versions of both.

But, I have yet to drive an SUV that I prefer to my sedans/convertibles/roadsters, etc.

I just cannot have one as my only car. A second occasional car, yes. But, I barely drive the car I have. And it can do 95 percent of what I need, while being 75% of the fun I like in driving. The GC was a weird choice. And I barely remember why I chose it (although it was in the back of my mind for a long time), but it turns out to have been such a great decision. Really perfect for my needs and most of my wants.

It’s an oddball car, but for a long time I had hoped BMW would bring a high line/more powerful 3 wagon to the US. This is as close as i can get. And it’s pretty darn great.

Edit: I’ve had X5s for more than 10 years and they were never my first choice to drive, unless I was cramming in all the pets, kid, etc., for a highway trip.

I also never really wanted to drive our 5 wagon. But it was a great highway cruiser.

The 4 GC (secretly a 3 iteration) is such a great fit. And it has grown up with me and my needs.

Last edited by wdc330i; 05-05-2023 at 11:29 PM.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote