Thread: Range Rovers
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 06:09 PM   #38
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
The v8 JGC is not out, I haven't driven one. I'm less attracted to them than the full-sized RR but I'm less attracted to the RR sport as well. Between the JGC and the RR Sport, I think I'll take the JGC, if the hemi is what I think it is. If you look at truedelta or consumer reports, while not as bad as old Land Rover's, they are not paragons of reliability either.

I don't need any Rubicon or really any 'true' 4x4. I need AWD so I can do 45mph on a snowy highway.

I need clearance. I'm tired of buying front bumpers and spoilers and having them painted. We even got lucky last year as most of that accrued on the TDI that went to the buyback. Still, the f10 got its fair share, the front bumper has ice damage. We get snow piles that turn to ice, I park on the street a lot.

The rear diff part? Yeah that's sauce.

Xdrive? Puh-leeze. I've gotten stuck on a snowy/icy pile with my 335i xdrive, not high centered, just spinning two diagonal wheels. With pilot alpin pa4 snow tires!!!

I couldn't park, left the spot and a FWD mini with all-seasons parked right in (size helped) but yeah xdrive grip is subpar and that's the day I decided to sell the 335.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote