View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
porsche perseveration

Stopped by this morning... Drove a 09 Cayman S. More different than I expected, smoother ride, better/smoother engine. Quieter when cruising, just as loud (with a bit less edge) when moving, car was new so didn't really open it up, but it seems just as light, no reduction in sportiness, but with a good bit of improvement in daily drivability... Perfectly optioned (minus the LSD, but not sure if I drive hard enough often enough to need it, and apparently, if you really use them, they don't last)....

The deal would be very good as well, given that it's an 09. Biggest downer is going from rare atlas gray to common arctic silver. Silver is nice, but I'd like an offsetting interior then. Haven't nego'ed finally yet as I'm not sure that I'll do it.

Also an 10' Carrera S atlas gray on the showroom, perfectly optioned (but very pricey, msrp ~109) and for around the same price a used 09 turbo that is truly something (cream white on cocoa!). The last m64 in a cool colour is enticing, but it seems to have no tread on rears after 8k miles, looks like somewhat hard driving previous owner.

Ruminating...
equ is offline   Reply With Quote