View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 08:34 AM   #41
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
- I had a 996 3.4 C2 for a summer. No S/C

- I had a 987 3.4 for five years/33k miles. No S/C

- I had a 997.2 3.6 for less than year. No S/C

- I had a 987.2 3.4 for a year. S/C. I don't really remember using it. It's kind of a pain to learn different throttle maps. The wart on the dash was bothersome. I guess if I were racing or driving in snow, I'd have liked the relaxed PSM setting

- I ordered a GT4 after 3 year porsche hiatus. No S/C. On the gt4 it doesn't affect throttle, just a g-meter and I think was bundled with some track data package. Not sure if it hurt my sale or not. Probably not.

- I just picked up the 981 3.4. It has S/C. I haven't used it yet. Throttle response is not something that bothers me on this car (a4, 3-series, mercs, cough, cough).

I think it might be useful for track (easier downshifts, looser stability) or snow (looser stability ).

THere is hardly a blank filled button on my awesomely loaded 981. What do I use? To my surprise, the PSE on/off is fun. Not noisy all the time, but when you want it (open country road, tunnel, being noticed in aggressive traffic). I generally keep the adaptive suspension in soft.

I find it hard to stay mapped to two throttle settings. On the e46 M, you can - over time - get used to sport mode but it may still buck in stop-n-go if you're not careful. On the highway, or at higher speeds it comes together better. But generally I've just been keeping that in normal.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote