View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 02:41 PM   #163
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
A few neat features of the Haltech...

The DBW curve is fully customizable. I could make it super soggy at low throttle openings like a Prius if I wanted, or have 10% pedal travel translate to 50% throttle opening like an E46 M3 in "Sport" mode.

It integrates with the Mazda's CAN bus, meaning it can drive the stock gauges, interface with the ABS (for determining wheel speeds for use with traction control), etc.

It supports boost trimming. I.e. I can have a position switch on the dashboard with "n" states, each translating to a different tune. I could take a run on one setting, then dial back the peak boost level if desired. Or dial it up. Kinda cool.

Flat shift. You can program it to allow shifting without lifting off the throttle. It will periodically cut spark to hold rpm while maintaining boost between shifts while not allowing the engine to over-rev.
Very cool.... At the end of this, you are becoming a pretty much fully-fledged automotive engineer. If I were an auto manufacturing company, I'd be looking for ways to recruit you.

You mentioned launch/traction earlier. Isn't that more than the ECU? So you will incorporate the ABS sensors as well. I assume no yaw, that's left to the old gray matter.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote