View Single Post
Old 03-20-2022, 04:24 PM   #429
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
So, I borrowed a real-deal rotary compression tester and did a compression test on the gray car. Mid 7's across all faces on both rotors. That's not bad at all. A well-built broken in Renesis should do low 8's, and they start to have hot-start problems around the high 5's.

It has a stumble off-idle when it's cold, but it runs perfectly once it's slightly warmed up. Seems like the low-speed injectors might be a little unhappy, so I dumped an entire bottle of seafoam into the nearly empty tank, ran it for a bit and shut it off. I just took it to get fuel and it seems to run just fine.

Perusing FB Marketplace, it looks like I could pretty easily get $3500 for this thing so I'm going to flip it after putting new brakes on the front (I can't in good conscience have anyone drive this away with the brakes that are on it now). After digging into it, it's going to be a pain in the ass to convert this over to a manual - the brakes are wrong, the rear axles and hubs are wrong, and I need to find a bunch of other parts. I think it makes more sense to send this one on down the road and find a car that was a 6-speed to begin with and swap that.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote