View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 12:28 PM   #7
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
So… the 997.2 is at the dealer this morning for its first service locally. Updating PCM 3.0 and Nav maps to the lastest available, 2019. MPI, oil and filter, manual trans fluid, and parking brake adjustment. I was planning to wait while all of that was performed, but I was unexpectedly given a loaner car. A *manual* 2021 Boxster S with 9100 miles when I first got in it. Right off the bat I was unimpressed as it was quite and it appeared to have a watered down luxury car ride, but I have just spent nearly the past hour or so driving various East Tennessee curvy ass, two lane backroads. Thoughts now? Not bad… fairly impressed, especially when it is put into sport mode with sport exhaust on. I certainly like the specs of this one, but I personally would not order/purchase one with the four-cylinder.
GTS 4.0 only…

Edit: It is nearly impossible to get a loaner car from our local BMW Center so that alone tends to make most owners or potential owners want to jump ship for another manufacture. I used to get loaners from the dealer in Chattanooga (Sonic Automotive dealer) but was forced to wait this past May. Anyways… to get a loaner when my 911 is 13 years old and I did not purchase it from them has me absolutely thrilled and also now has me thinking that when the BMW extended warranty expires on the X5 I should probably move over to a facelift Cayenne Coupe.
Wow- that is pretty amazing to get a manual boxster as a loaner. That would also make me want to do repeat business with that dealership. I bet its hard enough to find one of those to buy let alone get one as a loaner.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote