Thread: Tesla Model Y
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 11:27 PM   #29
rumatt
Mugwump

Carmudgeonly Ride: E46 330i, Chevy Colorado, Tesla Model 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Supercharging doesn’t complete the charge in under 20minutes. Which means it’s a so-so solution.

Once you extend beyond your 120mi radius you basically set aside 2 hours to charge? and that’s supercharging. Not a great solution.

So then your argument is “have another car”.

[..]

As for “EVs excel in the city” —have you lived in NYC and tried to charge when there’s a two hour time limit in the garage of the condo association? Sure. That works great for me too. Not.
I'm completely lost. You started this track of discussion by saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming
And obsolete in two years when the mainstream automakers all load up in this EV Crossover space.
I countered by pointing out that Tesla still has a huge advantages in terms of charging infrastructure and this will play a major role in them not being steamrolled by these mainstream automakers you mentioned.

And your counter is that Tesla's charging infrastructure isn't perfect? Whatever criticisms you have of the current state of Tesla's infrastructure, it's 10x (100x?) worse for all the other manufactures.

Quote:
Okay. I think this debate is really dumb.
I agree with you. It's dumb and makes no sense at all because it completely missed the original point, which was that Tesla is not anywhere near fearing the competition, at least yet anyway. The market is theirs.
rumatt is offline   Reply With Quote