Thread: Tesla Model Y
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 10:36 PM   #28
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
I don't see how you count in the bucket with the "urban" people. You have a house with property on which you can park and charge your vehicles. That's all you need to be counted as "rural" as far as tesla ownership is concerned. I recall you saying you didn't want to run electrical wiring, but that's independent of being urban.
You have not had a chance to visit. Sorry to say but you are incorrect. I'm most definitely not in a suburb. Not by any measure, not for EV-charging purposes. Everything is harder in an urban area, the permits, the inches of space, construction, everything.

Assuming I spend but 4 but not 5 digits on wiring, I could park and charge *one* vehicle but not more. We usually have two cars (out of three or four) on the street for various reasons. We do not park our vehicles on the "property", that's a suburb. Forget the condos, 80% of the single family homes around me do not have a private garage or driveway.

Again, these are all moot arguments. The world is not out of gas (which I don't use a ton of anyway), I have no problems at all. If for whatever reason EV's become mandatory, infrastructure and convenience will have improved big time and I can do some version what everyone else around me is doing.

I'm perfectly happy with my cars as they are, not chomping at the bit to jump to the future of driving. If anything, over the years, driving has become less and less fun... I enjoyed driving much more from 2000 to 2010. Too bad I only had crappy grad student cars in the 90's.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote