Thread: beater for equ
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 11:56 AM   #10
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Sensible suggestions, I guess I should take a look at the 1.8t gti. The audi is a bit of an overkill. New gti makes no sense as I'll be doing minimal miles. This is really going to be a car that's going to sit around a fair bit.

Agreed on the wrx, I was going to include them in the search for completion but my gf already has an impreza (older, cooler one ) and I feel very little for the wrx interior/exterior. Really dislike the forester. The Leg GT would be an awesome complement to the Cayman, but once again I'd be buying an 05 car to park it. I guess I'll look at the other legacy/outbacks. Are 96-99 to be avoided for the 2.5L issue?

The r32 is a non-starter, happened to drive one last weekend. Felt really bad after the Cayman - even worse than the zhp felt. I advised my friend who owns it to sell at this high price point.

I see that people are thinking of sporty cars, but I really have that covered with the croc. I really think the 1.8gti/bigger subies are the best suggestions so far - though 2.8 audis are quite cheap. Maybe if I buy s4 seats and hack the clutch of the 2.8?

Does anyone here have b5s4 experience?

Last edited by equ; 10-11-2006 at 12:01 PM.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote