View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 05:50 PM   #2984
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post

The idea of a wrap is interesting to me.... Our e46 is a hot mess aesthetically, and if it makes it 2 more years for my son to learn to drive on, he wants it red. Obviously i won't let him paint it, but a wrap might be interesting.

I've also had deluisonal thoughts about wrapping the 911 in Aventurine Green. That is my new favorite car color, and I wonder if
A) you can get a wrap that looks decent and mimics the look of a painted car (professionally done, of course)
and
B) does a wrap act in any way like XPel to protect the original paint from chips.
To wrap an E46 I can see doing but it is really expensive to get it done and you might decide against once you get the price.

As far as the 911, have you seen what a real pro does when wrapping, if you don’t mind them taking apart some of the car such as bumpers, headlights, etc then I give you credit, I went through this thought process with my 991 and wanted to wrap it guards red but I don’t want my car being taken apart ... also another big issue is leaving razor cuts on your paint when the installer cuts the wrap ...

You really need an amazing installer and you’re going to spend thousands of dollars for it.

Then comes the concern when they remove it down the road, will it lift some paint in the process
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote