Thread: Summit Point
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 08:35 PM   #46
JST

Went back to the same event this year; will post some pics later. The C8 guy from last year had ditched the C8 for a GT350, which he said was a lot more fun. There was a nice Camaro SS 1LE that seemed basically like a blue version of Clyde’s car, which was pretty fast.

There was a rad Audi RS6 avant that — despite its ceramic brakes — went into limp mode after a couple of laps each session.

Ferraris remain really fast in a straight line. Ferrari drivers remain not as fast in corners.

My car was down a minimum of 150 hp on basically everything else there, other than one lone Miata. I couldn’t really hang with anything even moderately well driven, especially the couple of 911 Turbo Ss that were there. I did stick pretty well with a 992 Carrera 4S, but it was a struggle.

That said, the Öhlins are fucking amazing. I love them so much. Setting them to nearly full stiff really eliminated the slop and made the car so much easier to fling on the track.

Pro tip, though: do not try and readjust them right after you come in. Snaking your hand up next to the exhaust is…not wise, and the suspension bits themselves back there are hotter than hell.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote