View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 01:24 AM   #1772
blee
Doctor Mudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
Exactly !! Repaint ... tranny swap ... $36k

Another thing I’ve noticed on a lot of these ad’s ... they are recent purchases and being resold VERY quickly.

I’m not just referencing this car ‘The odometer currently shows just over 29k miles, only about 200 of which have been added by the seller.’ but many others as well.

Edit: just looking at the link above “The odometer shows just under 59k miles, approximately 500 of which have been added by the seller.”
In some cases, the current owner is just a car collector who prefers to use them sparingly before selling/trading them. (If I become an old man with filthy deep pockets, I can see myself hanging out at Barrett-Jackson to do similar things. One day. When I retire. Which may never happen.)

I do, however, think that there's a bit of a bubble forming here, and there are some folks who are looking to flip cars for profit. The E30 M3 thing seems to be semi-stabilized outside of the unicorn barely-used cars that pop up here and there, but now there seems to be a lot of speculation around the late '90s and early '00s. Didn't a 2000 Civic Si go for $22k or so on BaT recently?
blee is offline   Reply With Quote