View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 10:16 AM   #16
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Still hard to tell, but it almost looks like the one on the left is a casting () or forging (I hope!) that went through a secondary machining operation to clean up the geometry. The one on the right looks like it is skipping that secondary machining. You need much bigger radii if you don't machine it, so the geometry is crap now. The aspect ratio of that "O" is different, I believe.

Just a possibility.
Looking at the teeth, I can see where you're going. Looking at the saddle, it's hard to see how you get from the shape on the right to the one on the left through machining...but certainly not my area.

It reminds me a lot more of counterfeit Chinese sports jersey where none of the colors, shapes, fonts, sizes, or placements are quite right. If someone's wearing one on the street among people wearing other types of clothing, the average Joe may not notice anything amiss. But, if someone is wearing that knock off at a game where most people are wearing the correct versions, even someone that doesn't have clue notices something is different about that one.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote