Thread: Koni's rock
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #18
Andy
Realist

Congratulations on your 1st place finish!! 2nd in PAX too? That's impressive!! Sounds like it's time to start traveling outside your region a little more. You might want to consider running divisionals or even the national tours… it will only make you faster.

I totally agree with what you've done with the car… build the car with the best stuff and to the max extent of the rules and then grow into the car. That way, you'll know for sure that your performance is a direct result of driver skill, not the car.

The only thing I would suggest… and keep in mind this totally depends on your budget and your goals (i.e. if you want to be competitive at the national level)… I would continue to run the V710s at all of your events (no matter if it's just a regional). Reason being, you want to learn the extreme limits of the car in full competitive race trim in order to take full advantage of your seat time. It does get expensive this way. One way to help that is to run fewer events by just running divisionals and national tours… plus, if you're already kicking butt regionally, it really is time to move up to the next level.

Again congrats, sounds like you're doing well!!
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote