View Single Post
Old 12-20-2021, 09:26 PM   #27
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Yea, one option we are toying with is ordering a new x3 early next year and picking it up at Spartansburg. We signed Nate (our 16yr old son) up for a 2 day teen driving course down there and thought it would be cool to pick up the car at the same time. I'm afraid to do that with what I've read about orders showing up missing features. I'd be really pissed. That's also why i'm kind of zeroing in on 2019 / early 2020 cars since they were made before the world was turned upside down.

It will be nice to go to our local BMW shop tomorrow with no pressure and just spend some time checking out the x5 and x3 and narrowing down what we really want without *needing* to buy something immediately.

SCA - its my understanding the TU2 post 2016 version had significant improvements in long term reliability to the initial version of the N63 and the first TU. Is the TU2 plagued with issues too? i wasa reading this article recently: https://bmwtuning.co/bmw-n63-vs-n63t...tu2-vs-n63tu3/
Josh, PM me with the dates of your son’s school. I also signed my kid up early next year…
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote